Plan your program at Converge
by Maximilian Koegel
Eclipse Converge is approaching! The schedule is available, so it's time to start planning your day of talks. At Converge tutorials are run alongside regular talks, so first off you will need to decide if you would like to take a tutorial. In the morning my colleague Jonas Helming is presenting the e4 tutorial, which many times was among the best or was the best-rated tutorial at previous EclipseCons. In the afternoon Gunnar Wagenknecht runs a tutorial on how to manage third-party dependencies. Gunnar will certainly know his stuff, so this is also an interesting choice.
If you would like to go for talks instead of tutorial these are my favorites in the morning...:
- LSP: I guess you have all heard of the Language Server Protocol (LSP)? Even if you have not, I think this is a really hot topic which is well introduced with ”Language Server Protocol Explained.“ Once you've had the introduction, I recommend continuing with “Building the JDT Language Server”.
- Docker: If you've ever wondered, how to use Docker as a developer, especially as an Eclipse developer, go see this talk on Docker.
- OSGi vs. Java Modules: This concerns us all: how do Java 9 Modules play with OSGi?
...and in the afternoon:
- Experience Report: A report on 10 years of experience on building an application based on EMF and other Eclipse components - this should be very insightful.
- Building Form-based applications: Most applications contain forms - on the desktop and on the web. EMF Forms and its new component JSON Forms help build forms with a minimum of manual coding.
- Eclipse Che: How can you extend the new cloud-based IDE at Eclipse?
Make sure you register soon! I'm looking forward to meeting you at Eclipse Converge!